- This event has passed.
Piano Recital by Mikhail Shilyaev
October 10, 2017 @ 7:00 pm
Mikhail Shilyaev was born in Izhevsk, Russia. He started learning piano at the age of six and won several regional piano competitions at a young age. He studied in Russia, Germany and in the UK.
As a soloist with orchestra, he has recently performed with Musikkollegium Winterthur, the London Soloists Chamber Orchestra, RNCM Concert Orchestra, Orchestra of Trinity College of Music and with the Gulbenkian Symphony Orchestra. He has worked with leading conductors including Christopher Warren-Green, Pascal Rophé, Zsolt Nagy and Nikoloz Rachveli. In July 2010 Mikhail won the Bronze Medal at the prestigious Vianna da Motta International Piano Competition in Lisbon.
Mikhail lives in London and plays mostly in the UK and Europe. He has been taking part in numerous festivals across Europe including Zaubersee festival in Lucerne. Among his chamber music partners are Boris Brovtsyn, Anastasia Kobekina, Natalie Clein and Mihi Kim. He is interested in historical performance practice and often gives recitals on fortepianos.
Mikhail is also known for his collaboration with singers including rising stars Anna Gobachyova, Nardus Williams and Tuuli Takkala. Mikhail’s repertoire stretches from early Baroque to contemporary music with its focus on J. S. Bach, Viennese classics, German romantics and Chopin. He has recently released two critically acclaimed CDs on Toccata Classics and Stone Records.
Debussy. Suite bergamasque.
Scriabin. Pieces Op.52.
Ravel. Jeux d’eau, Pavane.
Chopin. Nocturne Op.27 No.1, Scherzo No.3 & 4.
Please note the following:
1) Entry to the concert is £10.00. A glass of wine/soft drink will be supplied upon arrival before the recital begins at 7pm. Payment should be made at the entrance to the ballroom/concert venue by cash.
2) A strict dress code is required at the club. Men must wear conventional jacket and collared shirt and women must be smartly dressed. Jeans/denim, casual trousers, trainers and fashion sports shoes are not acceptable. Please ensure you advise any guests of this requirement.
3) It is essential that no use of mobile telephones is made whilst at the club.
4) Further drinks after the concert may only be purchased from the bar through a member of the Lansdowne.
5) No other areas of the club other than cloakroom facilities may be used.
6) Receipts or replies acknowledging RSVPs will not be sent.
7) Should you find that you are unable to attend after accepting the invitation, please let us know.